Accreditation by AAHA is only achieved by 18% of veterinary clinics nationwide. It is a voluntary inspection, consultation and standardization process that no other profession (medical, dental, chiropractic, etc) has.
Successful accreditation requires passing over 900 individual standards ranging from how we store and regulate our medications to how we administer anesthesia and keep our hospital sanitary.
These standards are there for one reason…to elevate the quality of pet care we deliver. Our clinic has been accredited since 1995 and is one of just six clinics in Madison (including the UW Veterinary School) to achieve accredited status.
The re-accreditation process takes place every three years and 2009 was our first re-accreditation since moving to our new facility. Standards are upgraded every year to raise the bar for the delivery of excellent pet care.
We are current members of:
- The American Animal Hospital Association
- The American Veterinary Medical Association
- The Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Association
- The American Veterinary Dental Society
- The American Association of Rehabilitation Veterinarians
- The American Academy of Veterinary Nutrition