Just for Cats!
We have a favorite line at our staff meeting…
We will be discussing fitness sessions, grooming, or a wellness fair, (or whatever!) that applies primarily to dogs and towards the end someone (often Catie, Amy, Christine, or Ken or several others) will say “Hey.. what about the cats?”
We often catch ourselves because as cat owners ourselves we fully realize how independent and self sufficient they can be, hiding illnesses and generally avoiding any limelight!
Well those days are gone as cat ownership now exceeds dog ownership by 10 million cats!
All the current market research say that cats are not receiving the care that most dogs receive on a regular basis and that they have as many (or more) preventable diseases. We feel it is not fair that they should be possibly fighting painful issues without our help.
Many of our clinic staff have cats and fight the same battles you do (keeping their weight down, choosing the best food, getting them in for their annual wellness exams on schedule!)
The key roadblock to cat owners getting their cats seen for wellness?…getting cats into a carriers and providing a minimal or stress free experience for them while still providing the annual examination & wellness testing, vaccinations & parasite prevention they need.
Here are our action steps to make that happen:
1) Provide a step by step plan for you to make the transport safe & stress free
2) We have 2 exam rooms rooms that are cat friendly that are in back & quiet.
3) Minimize stress to your cats in all ways during your visit
4) Keep our team absolutely up to date on cat wellness
5) Continue to help find you healthy kittens & cats through two great rescues (Dane County Friends of Ferals & the Dane County Humane Society) by loaning space in our own Cozy Cat Condos to make them easily available to you.
You have our promise, we are truly cat lovers and will do all we can for your cats & kittens to keep them healthy!
Here are stories of our own cats and their wellness & health challenges. (and lots of fun stories too!) Believe it or not, kitten & cat agility are coming soon to 4 Paws Swim & Gym (March 2012) .
Just for fun check out what Stanley the cat has to say about why cats make the best pets! http://www.catalystcouncil.org/newsroom/?Id=58
For a peek at the guidelines check here
One of our favorite websites for indoor exercise, litter box and ideal weight suggestions:
Please let us know if you find others you like!
Dr Ken & staff