Frontline & Heartgard Guarantee
Please note: These guarantees apply only to products purchased directly from veterinarians. They do not apply to online pharmacy sales where that direct relationship does not exist.
Merial Heartgard® Guarantee
“Heartgard Plus is 100% effective against heartworms, and treats and controls other dangerous parasites. Dogs will accept Heartgard Plus Chewables, and the full dose will be consumed- every time.”
- Acceptability: In the unlikely event that a dog will not accept Heartgard Plus Chewables, call Merial Veterinary Professional Services at 1-888-637-4251, option 3. Merial will send the clinic a package of the same size of Heartgard Tablets. Please provide lot number and expiration date when you call.
- Efficacy: If a pet tests positive for heartworms, or if a client is not satisfied with the intestinal parasite control while taking Heartgard Plus on a monthly basis, according to label directions. Merial will refund the purchase price or provide replacement product and will assume responsibility for reasonable costs related to diagnosis and treatment (i.e., cost of initial fecal, cost of treatment, etc.). The last dose of Heartgard Plus must have been administered within 31 days of the diagnosis.
- Have the patient chart and history ready when calling Merial Veterinary Professional Services at 1-888-637-4251.
- Dogs starting on Heartgard Plus Chewables between 6 weeks and 4 months of age are covered immediately for protection against heartworms. Dogs starting on Heartgard Plus Chewables later than 4 months of age will be covered following a negative antigen test 6 months after the first dose of Heartgard Plus Chewables; thereafter dogs must be tested annually with an antigen test.
- Dogs housed in intensified population facilities will be covered under this guarantee for heartworm infection but not for intestinal parasites.
In order to obtain reimbursement, the following will be required: Copy of receipts showing costs of tests, treatment, and purchase of Heartgard Plus Chewables for prior year. Merial will also need to know the day of the month that the Heartgard Plus Chewables are given and the clinic’s Federal Tax ID Number. This will all need to be faxed to 1-888-424-2079 to the attention of the person that assisted you with the claim at Merial. A check will be issued to the clinic and we will then reimburse the client.
Merial Frontline® Guarantee
“If you are not completely satisfied with Frontline for any reason, the product will be replaced or the purchase price refunded. It’s that simple.”
- Be sure the client understands the proper application technique and performance expectations of Frontline.
- Recommend that any client who is still unsatisfied with the product call the Frontline Consumer Response Center at 1-800-660-1842 for product replacement or refund.
- Advise the client that a receipt for Frontline from a veterinary hospital will be needed as proof-of-purchase; receipts for the purchase of product from other than a licensed veterinarian are not acceptable.